Saturday, September 29, 2012

Maya started kindergarten in September.  September 5th.  She was pretty excited and scared and all of the things you would expect.  She did great.  She is having a great time and seems to love every minute of it.  Her class is small and the families that I have met seem to all be very nice.  We ride our new ride to school every morning with Ben riding up front and Maya holding on on the back.  I will post a picture soon.  They have figured out a routine with the garage door opener.  Ben opens and Maya closes.  Ben will open the door and hand it back saying: "Maya!"
I am getting used to the bike.  It is a lot of bike, but so nice that we can ride to almost anywhere I need to be and even nicer that I don't have Ben screaming in the trailer.
Ben is saying so much and his comprehension is even higher.  He is a smart cookie and very determined.  He is pretty reasonable though, talk him through something and 9 (okay, maybe 8) times out of 10 he will come around.  He is in a really funny phase right now. He started making faces and will push out his lips so they are big and pouty and has this silly grin that goes with it.  He is a crack up!
Maya is the best and sweetest thing ever.....most days.  :)
She loves to "help" Ben with everything and so sometimes gets carried away.  There are often tears and screams that I find myself yelling from the other room "What is happening in there?"  Knowing that what I had just walked away from not even 10 seconds ago has turned into Maya making him do what she wants or not letting him push the tractor around because it runs into her people and animal set up.  Good thing his IS so willful!
Sometimes though, it is so funny.  She will tell him what to do and off he goes.... trot, trot, trot, does exactly what she says!
They have the cutest games.  They "Ride the Boat" on the couch, play fort in the play structure, make food in the kitchen, play legos together, and I love it when they turn the music on on the keyboard and dance to the different 1 minute music selections that it cycles through.  Ben usually ruins it for Maya (he just can't help himself) and turns the music up or down, or plays his own piece of music over what she has selected.
They exhaust me, but are the best things ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment